Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Yes... another blog

Why am I starting this blog you ask? Well, after reading other graphics related blogs for some time now, I figured it would be a good place for me to document not only current work but previous work.

I've been developing 3D demos/applications for a couple of years now. It all started when I took a class on game development for the Sony line of mobile phones. After that I started working with DirectX and haven't stopped since.

My interests lie mainly in terrain and atmosphere effects, but more recently I've become interested in post processing techniques as well. This semester I began researching reflections with my professor. We're developing a method to produce accurate reflections of objects using non-pinhole camera depth impostors. This will allow us to have reflected rays intersect the depth map that would not be able to using a regular depth map impostor (more on this to come).

The first few posts will most likely be historical. I'll mainly be posting these previous few projects as sort of documentation for them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your are kind of Artist. Please post basic tutorial on graphics manipulation.

Kyle Hayward said...

Thanks for stopping bye :)